Some Tips on Hiring Mariachis
1) A regular mariachi group consists of from 5 to 9 members; 3 musicians are a TRIO .
2) Many groups charge per group member, ask how many members their price includes.
3) Student groups generally charge less, but have a limited repertoire.
4) If you're in doubt about hiring a certain group, ask to hear a sample of their music, or ask to attend a gig or rehearsal. Groups should be happy to oblige.
5) You should ask for a contract, especially if you leave a deposit.
Make sure it specifies minimum players, per hour rate, number of hours, time allowed for cancellations both sides.
Good groups should have no problem with signing a contract and granting any specific requests (color of suits, female groups, exotic instruments, special songs, hour to begin, etc.,)